The Centre actively helps you overcome barriers to learning or employment. You will find help in dealing with your learning disability, personal difficulties, or other obstacles. You will find support to discover your strengths and decide on the future you want.
It is about you
We need to get to know you before we start. You will meet with one of our friendly staff to find out who you are, and what you want. This includes:
- finding out your reading, writing and number skills
- testing you for learning difficulties
- understanding your strengths
- deciding what you want to do to improve your life and find work.
Together, we will make a plan of what you are going to take action on and identify your goals.
Mentoring & support
When needed, you can work with one of our Learning Engagement and Employment Officers (LEEOs) to:
- get access to specialist services in areas such as health, housing and personal development
- build self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- learn to solve problems, think creatively, and make decisions
- build the ability to understand other people, and connect and work with others
- learn to communicate at the workplace, use digital skills, and plan and organise
- find suitable options for training or employment.
Who can do this program?
If you need support, please fill out the form and we will be in touch.