The Centre’s Board is seeking to appoint new Directors who will support The Centre’s vision of ‘Bright Futures, Thriving Communities’ and to help guide The Centre to achieve and fulfil its exciting future.
Role title: Board Director
Appointment term: 3 years
Meeting frequency: monthly, 11 in total per annum
Board sub-Committees: Finance and Audit Committee (meet monthly), Risk Management and Governance Committee (meet bi-monthly), Performance and Remuneration Committee (meet 6 monthly), Fundraising Committee (meet bi-monthly).You will be expected to join at least one of these sub-committees
Expenses: Direct expenses will be reimbursed
The functions of the board: Accountable to stakeholders and responsible for leadership both internally and externally. Collectively the board creates a governance environment that acts in the best interests of The Centre and drives performance.
The following experiences are essential:
- Experience and knowledge in Governance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills that include the ability to provide open and honest feedback in a respectful manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
Candidates with the following experience are highly desirable.
- Experience on boards and/or strategic committees
- Financial management, business development, operational risk management, industry knowledge, philanthropy.
To apply, send the below to email@example.com
- Please supply a cover letter outlining what you would bring to The Centre’s Board and how you would contribute to furthering the work of The Centre from a governance perspective.
- Please also address the following key selection criteria (no more than 300 words for each KSC).
- Professional development relating to governance that you have participated in.
- Demonstrate the range of skills you are able to offer to support the collective knowledge, skills and experience of the Board.
- Capacity to attend Board meetings, engage constructively in Board discussions and decision-making, and participate in continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities. (The Centre is based in Wangaratta; however, some attendance via virtual meeting platforms is acceptable.)
- Please supply a current Curriculum Vitae
For further information, or to arrange a discussion with our Board Chair, please contact Lora Watson on 03 5721 0200, firstname.lastname@example.org