Make a real difference to the lives of older people by giving them the support and attention they need. This course gets you to work in aged care and community care.
You start with a short module, Success4U, that helps you prepare for your course and make the most of it.
The course gives you the practical skills to support people, and some theory of person-centred support. It covers:
- certification in First Aid.
- how to provide safe person-centered support, including palliative care.
- how to support and promote wellbeing and independence.
- work legally and ethically, including policies and procedures for infection control.
- work and communicate with diverse people, including carers, families and co-workers.
The course includes 120 hours of hands-on experience.
- Find work at an aged care facility or as a support worker at people’s homes.
- Continue with a Certificate IV in Disability. Some units are the same, so you can finish this course faster. It gives you even more employment opportunities.
- Continue to an advanced Certificate.