Do you love working with children? Educate, support and inspire them in a school or specialist school as a teacher’s aide. This course is a great way to start in education, if you are coming out of school, are re-entering the labour market, or want to change your career.
- Find work as a teaching assistant at a school
- Continue training for a teaching degree
You start with a short module, Success4U, that helps you successfully prepare for your course and make the most of it.
This nationally accredited qualification consists of 12 general subjects and 5 elective subjects. It covers:
- the behaviour and development of children, and how to support them
- health and safety in the classroom, which includes a First Aid training
- how to work with special needs, diversity and children at risk
- how to organise the classroom and help develop literacy, numeracy and other subjects
- how to work effectively with others and contribute to the effective operation of the whole school
The course includes 120 hours of hands-on training at a school. The Centre has an excellent network in the region to help you find a suitable school for your placement. A trainer will observe you working at the school as part of your assessment. Work placement is an ideal way to develop contacts for future employment.