Many people play a role in caring for family or friends who are suffering from a long-term illness or disability. In the Shires of Wangaratta, Benalla, Alpine and Moira, there are an estimated 5000 carers who give their time selflessly.
The duty of care can be hard. Moreover, unpaid carers need to balance their duties of care with the demands of work or training.
The Carers Employment Support Program supports unpaid carers in finding training and work that is compatible with their caring commitments. Each carer benefits from individual case management by a professional from The Centre.
The program helps carers by:
- Working together to understand their situation, obligations, and life goals
- Identifying actions to improve their own health, wellbeing and community participation
- Co-designing a learning and achievement plan
- Exploring employment and career options by specialised job advocates and career counsellors
- Finding options for learning and skills development, including confidence building and core work skills
The program runs through to the end of December 2022 and is funded by The Victorian government – Department of Families, Fairness & Housing.
Are you a carer?
For more information, you can download the flyer about the program or contact:
0423 913 577