Community Visitors Scheme
Friendship and companionship for isolated members of our ageing community
Bring a smile to their day
Give one hour per fortnight to visit socially-isolated elderly at their home or in an aged-care facility.
Visit socially isolated elderly
Give time and attention
In the Hume region
Register as a volunteer
Please read the below conditions of becoming a Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) Volunteer Visitor before commencing your registration.
To volunteer you will need to:
- Undertake a National Police Check (organised and paid for by us)
- Undertake online training prior to commencement
- Have annual flu immunisation to visit within a facility
- It is mandatory to have the Covid-19 vaccination and you will be asked to show proof of vaccination, or proof of exemption
- Commit to weekly / fortnightly visits (no limit on length of visits)
- Commit to a minimum 6 – 12 months of visiting
Please only complete an application if you are able to meet the above conditions.