Do you love working with and for people? This is an entry-level course for non-clinical support roles in the health care sector. Streams include, for example, a ward assistant, food services worker, or administrator at a health care facility.
- Work in health care- prospects for work are excellent in the region.
- Multiple options for higher qualifications include aged care, disability, health care, hospitality, administration or gardening, maintenance.
You start with a short module, Success4You, that helps you successfully prepare for your course and make the most of it.
This nationally accredited qualification covers:
- health and safety, and how to comply with policies and procedures for infection control
- working with professionals and people, and how to respond to behaviours of concern
- how to deliver a service to people
- organise your work
- how to prepare and maintain beds, prepare food, transport people, handle equipment
- process workplace information and use technology.
Other units are related to the chosen stream, e.g. administration, food service, orderly, gardening, maintenance, cleaning.