You will make a real difference to the lives of people with a disability by giving them the care, support and attention they need. This Certificate III qualification will ensure you know how to do the work. Secure work in disability support within the growing disability sector with this qualification, or combine it with a Certificate IV in Disability to develop more skills and career opportunities.
You start with a short module, Success4U, that helps you prepare for your course and make the most of it.
The course gives you the practical skills to support people, and some theory of person-centred support. It covers:
- Certificate in First Aid
- How to provide safe person-centred support, including medication
- How to support and promote wellbeing and independence, participation and inclusion
- Work legally and ethically, including policies and procedures for infection control
- Work and communicate with diverse people, including carers, families and co-workers
The course includes 120 hours of hands-on experience.
- Find work in disability support
- Continue with a Certificate IV in Disability. Some units are the same, so you can finish this course faster. It gives you even more employment opportunities.
- Continue to an advanced Certificate