Get skilled for a career in civil construction. It is a smart move. Once you get your foot in the door of this fast-growing industry in our region, you could be working on roads, airports, railways or water infrastructure.
You start with Success4U, a short module that helps you successfully prepare for your course and make the most of it.
The course covers:
- Communicate at the workplace, and plan and organise your work
- Work safely and follow procedures
- Read plans, measure and calculate
- Using hand and power tools, and other equipment
- Carry out basic construction tasks
- Implement a traffic management plan
The course includes 120 hours of project work, where you demonstrate your skills.
The White Card (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry) is included in the course. You get a separate Statement of Attainment and a card for your wallet once competency is achieved.
- Work as a laborer in civil construction, or traffic manager
- Continue to a RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction