About the Role
The Centre is establishing a re-engagement program that aims to re-engage students and prepare them to transition back into mainstream school. Learners will range in age between 15 and 17 years and will be referred to the program by their school.
The Teacher of this program will lead the educational delivery of the program, utilising an accredited curriculum. The Teacher will work collaboratively with the classroom support staff, school partners, families, and community stakeholders to create a supportive environment that empowers youth to overcome obstacles and thrive.
We are seeking a dynamic and compassionate individual who is passionate about empowering youth to reach their full potential. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to education and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by learners transitioning back into mainstream school settings.
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust with learners. You should have a demonstrated ability to create a supportive and inclusive learning environment that fosters academic and personal growth.
Qualifications and Licences
- Degree in Education or significant experience in working with disengaged youth.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Current employee Victorian Working with Children Check Card (WWCC)
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
What can we offer you?
- As a not-for-profit Benevolent Charity, The Centre can offer Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing which can provide you with tax savings.
- Work-Life Balance through Flexible Working Arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
To Apply, send the below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th March 2024
- Cover Letter
- Please also address the following key selection criteria:
- Experience in Teaching in an alternative setting and/or with disengaged youth.
- Supporting learners with social, emotional and welfare needs
- Applied knowledge of trauma-informed teaching practices
For any questions, please contact Sharee Castagna on phone (03)5721 0200 or email email@example.com
The Centre encourages all people of diverse backgrounds to apply to join its team including but not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI), Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD), Sex, sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTQIA+) communities and those living with a disability.
We reserve the right to interview and potentially make an appointment PRIOR TO CLOSURE OF APPLICATION DATE.