- Wangaratta Location
- Full time
- Educational Services (Post-Secondary) Award 2020 (+2.5% above award)
- Salary Packaging available
- Commencing asap
The Centre is a community-owned not-for-profit adult and community college, established over 60 years ago. It operates a unique blend of community building programs, learner engagement support and education programs for people with low educational attainment and multiple challenges through to people seeking entry into the workforce.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a Child Safe Organisation. We like diversity. It makes life more interesting and teams more effective.
We provide flexible conditions, a fantastic team, and the pleasure of going to work each day for a rewarding purpose.
The Lead Sport & Recreation Development Officer is responsible to leading the Sport North East team to:
- Promote the benefits of inclusion in sport and recreation across the LGAs or Wangaratta, Wodonga, Indigo, Alpine and Towong.
- Design, co-ordinate and facilitate opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation
- Support and build the capacity of sports and recreation clubs across the region
- Deliver projects to meet objectives, time frames and within budget
- Project Coordination and Support including delivery of programs, reports and development of new initiatives.
- Build relationships with Sporting Clubs in the Community.
- Marketing and promotion of Healthy, Sport and Active Recreation in the Community.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Project management skills and experience in project and/or event planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge and experience within the sport, recreation or community services industry and club-based environments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across sport and recreation, government, community organisations and corporate sectors to achieve project/initiative/program outcomes.
We reserve the right to interview and potentially make an appointment PRIOR TO CLOSURE OF APPLICATION DATE.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and addressed key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact Human Resources on phone (03)5721 0200 or email email@example.com
Application close date: Sunday, 9 April 2023
Position Description – Lead Sport and Recreation Development Officer