Now taking enrolments for the following accredited courses.
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support,
become a Teachers Aide
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support,
work in Aged Care
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality,
work in a range of hospitality jobs
- AHC30110 Certificate III in Agriculture,
work on a farm
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
work in disability
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment,
train and Assess in your chosen vocational field
- VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior
We are offering courses in the following locations:
Contact us to discuss your training needs on 03 5721 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Centre would like to wish all of our clients, students and the community a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
The Centre will be closed from
12pm Friday 23rd December
Re-Open 8.45am 3rd January 2017
Join us in 2017
What’s on this month at The Centre
- This month see’s The Centre and Cooinda, Benalla’s largest aged care facility, have joined in partnership to deliver aged care courses in Benalla.
- We congratulate our our Anne Pennington Award nominees.
- Check out the incentives for employers who take on a Trainee.
- Sport North East have news about new Victorian Child Safe Standards and Sporting Club Grants Program grants.
- And staff at The Centre will be on a well deserved break between Christmas and New Years Day, we will be open again on the 3 January 2017.
- Do you value learning?
- Are you interested in developing your own skills?
- Are you keen to see our region and communities thrive?
- Do you have local networks and connections?
The Centre is entering an exciting time of regeneration, creativity and energy. We invite you to join our Board and help us to continue the development of our wonderful organization.
You don’t need to be an experienced committee or board member – we offer a strong board mentoring program and professional development.
Who we are
The Centre for Continuing Education has been an important part of the community for almost fifty-five years. We are community owned and operated, and have a strong profile at a local, regional and state level.
We are incredibly proud of our organisation, the wonderful staff that work here, and what we continue to achieve. Our basic philosophy is to provide high quality accessible and relevant education and development opportunities for everyone in the community, particularly those who face significant barriers to learning.
To find out more, contact Trish Curtis (Chair) on 0488 572225 or email@example.com
Since 2005 an award has been presented to honour the memory of Anne Pennington, who died on Christmas Eve in 2004.
Anne was a highly respected and much loved staff member of The Centre, and before that of Forum, Benalla. On her resignation due to ill health in 2004, the Board of Governance of The Centre decided that an award would be named in her honour; to acknowledge her contributions to adult learning and her many strengths and qualities as a person.
In developing the award it was decided that
- learning should be understood in the broadest possible sense
- the criteria for the award should reflect some of Anne’s strengths and qualities