Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
Complete your senior secondary qualification in our 35 term week^ project based learning program. The Centre is a child safe organisation that has smaller class sizes than other providers in an adult education environment. The Centre caters for a wide range of learners and abilities. The program is open to youth and adults seeking to complete a senior secondary qualification. VCAL consists of 5 core curriculum areas which ensure our learners are work ready when they complete their program.
Reading and Writing texts and documents for personal, practical, research and knowledge and public issues. Literacy skills also include Speaking and listening to improve interpersonal and presentation skills.
Numeracy skills for design, measurement, time, money, location, data and concepts which related to the real world application of skills.
Work Related Skills includes specific industry knowledge, OHS, work related contexts, applications and resumes, practical work skills, team work and much more relating to learners future work aspirations.
Personal Development Skills includes teamwork, project based learning, introduction to a working environment in the classroom, project management and community participation.
Industry area skills courses which include:
- ICT10115 Certificate I in information Communication Technology
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- AHC30110 Certificate III in Agriculture
or other qualifications available at The Centre. Courses depend on the level of VCAL enrolment and learner requirements.
- Foundation – Skills building level with high teacher support
- Intermediate – learners have a degree of self-directed and facilitated learning with teacher support
- Senior– curriculum supports projects in the community and enhancing the learning of other learners through project implementation skills building.
- Duration: 4.5 days per week for 35 Weeks (excluding school holidays)
- Cost: See Fees and Charges, includes training materials
- Start: 30th January 2017 until the 10th of November 2017
*This course is delivered using Skills First funding
^Additional program weeks can be included for job active learners to meet activity requirements
Contact The Centre for more information on 03 5721 0200 or email us.