We offer 22301VIC Certificate I in Transition Education in conjunction with support service providers for persons with a disability.
If you are a service provider or registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) please contact us to discuss how we can assist your clients with our capacity building programs.
22301VIC Certificate I in Transition Education is a capacity building education program for people who require support with learning and/or developing social skills. It provides a bridge between school, vocational education and the world of work or volunteering. Learners will engage in a range of learning activities that build self-esteem and self-confidence, and enable them to plan a career.
You will be required to have a pre-course interview to determine your individual plan prior to enrolment.
Through capacity building project based learning and positive teaching methods, learners will gain vital skills in:
- workplace and volunteering participation
- knowledge of workplace options
- community awareness
- social development
- financial independence.
Health & Personal Development
- Enhance self development
- develop strategies to enhance own self development to participate effectively in the community.
- Explore personal health issues
- explore personal health issues and apply preventative measures to support personal health and well being
Prepare for the workplace
- Develop and document your learning plan
- develop and document a learning plan and to identify and monitor personal and learning goals with support.
- Investigate your options for further training, work or community activities
- explore suitable options for future involvement in further training, work or community activities.
Participate in the Community
- Participate in the community
- participate effectively in the local community by accessing information about a range of services and facilities to meet own needs.
- Be a volunteer
- develop the skills to work effectively as a volutneer in a variety of capacities and contexts.
Understand Technology & Media
- Use technology
- use technology for everyday purposes. It focuses on helping participants to clarify the use of technology and use it to meet individual needs.
- Access the media
- make informed, safe choices about access to media.
- Participate in travel activities
- participate in independent travel activities and access the most appropriate modes of travel.
- Participate in recreational activities
- plan and participate in one or more recreational options appropriate to own budget and interests.
- Apply communication for a range of purposes
- to apply communication skills to meet every day needs in the community.
Capacity Building Education Programs
You can enrol in
one topic, one module
or the entire course
depending on your
Locations we can deliver in North East Victoria in conjuction with Service Providers are:
- Alpine Region
- King Valley
- Voilet Town
Contact The Centre for more information on 03 5721 0200 or email us