CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
Work in disability
Disability workers work in a range of disability support contexts including residential group homes, training resource centres, day respite centres and open employment services, other community settings and clients’ homes.
- Apply knowledge and skills gained through qualifications and/or previous experience to provide training and support to people with disabilities to enhance their ability to achieve greater levels of independence, self reliance and community participation
- Report to service managers and may liaise with health professionals and other service agencies
- May work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a limited number of lower classified workers.
Job roles for this qualification are:
This course is offered inthe following formats:
- In class – two days per week for 32 weeks plus 120 hours of work placement
- Wangaratta Campus, 17 Chisholm Street
– Classes in Wangaratta will be held on a Monday and Tuesday, 9.30am till 3.00pm.
- Broadford Living and Learning Centre, 158-162 High St, Broadford
– Classes in Broadford will be held on a Tuesday and Wednesday 9.30am til 3.00pm
Contact The Centre for more information on 03 5721 0200 or email us.