- Do you value learning?
- Are you interested in developing your own skills?
- Are you keen to see our region and communities thrive?
- Do you have local networks and connections?
The Centre is entering an exciting time of regeneration, creativity and energy. We invite you to join our Board and help us to continue the development of our wonderful organization.
You don’t need to be an experienced committee or board member – we offer a strong board mentoring program and professional development.
Who we are
The Centre for Continuing Education has been an important part of the community for almost fifty-five years. We are community owned and operated, and have a strong profile at a local, regional and state level.
We are incredibly proud of our organisation, the wonderful staff that work here, and what we continue to achieve. Our basic philosophy is to provide high quality accessible and relevant education and development opportunities for everyone in the community, particularly those who face significant barriers to learning.
To find out more, contact Trish Curtis (Chair) on 0488 572225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2005 an award has been presented to honour the memory of Anne Pennington, who died on Christmas Eve in 2004.
Anne was a highly respected and much loved staff member of The Centre, and before that of Forum, Benalla. On her resignation due to ill health in 2004, the Board of Governance of The Centre decided that an award would be named in her honour; to acknowledge her contributions to adult learning and her many strengths and qualities as a person.
In developing the award it was decided that
- learning should be understood in the broadest possible sense
- the criteria for the award should reflect some of Anne’s strengths and qualities
The Centre would like to wish all of our clients, students and the community a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
The Centre will be closed from
12pm Friday 23rd December
Re-Open 8.45am 3rd January 2017
Join us in 2017
The Centre and Cooinda, Benalla’s largest aged care facility, have join in partnership to provide aged care courses at Cooinda.
Now taking enrolments for the following accredited courses.
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- VCAL Foundation, Intermediate and Senior
We are offering courses in the following locations:
Contact us to discuss your training needs on 03 5721 0200 or email email@example.com